Monday, November 30, 2009

If Only They'd been Graced by My Presence

The latest set of papers I have to grade (I instruct and grade for an introductory ethics course) comes from a different section of students then the one I've actually been instructing. I'm still grading the first paper from the mystery group, and I see things like this:

"Of course Kant does not believe in causality"

I have to forgive the student, since he or she does not know any better; this is no metaphysics class, after all. Still, the way it's said combined with the content forms a combination that makes me twitch. Oh, dear.

EDIT: A more representative sample from the same student (who will continue to be anonymous):

"Personally, both of these philosophers have very strong arguments that seem to be convincing in their own ways and yet both lacking."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home